Get on the path to results today.

sarasota custody and child support modification attorney


Circumstances change. As the years pass, you may have a new job or your children may get older. If your child support or alimony needs to be changed to reflect your current situation, a skilled attorney can help you seek a modification of your support order.

At the law office of H. Stephen Hillebrand, Attorney at Law, I have been helping parents and ex-spouses modify support orders for more than 30 years. I will work with you to develop a child support or alimony change that fits the needs of you and your family now and into the future.

To discuss your support modification, contact me, a Sarasota child support modification lawyer. In a free initial consultation, I will answer your questions and help you understand your legal options.

Support Modifications in Florida

In order to modify child custody, child support or alimony there must be a substantial change in circumstances. This change in your situation could include:

  • Remarriage 
  • Unemployment 
  • Significant reduction or increase in income 
  • Losing your business 

Modifying Child Custody and Time Sharing

I can help you modify your child custody or time sharing agreement in a range of situations, such as:

Changing Child Support

In addition to changes in income, child support can be modified if there is a substantial change in the number of overnights that a child sleeps over at a parent's home. 

I represent clients who need an increase in child support or who need to decrease their child support payments. Whether you have lost your job or your child has special needs, I will work with you to develop a payment plan that meets your family's needs.

Making Changes to Alimony

Remarriage is not the only substantial change that could result in a change in alimony. I can help you modify spousal support if the receiving spouse is in a supportive relationship. This type of relationship is similar to a marriage where the couple could share a bank account or reside together. 

Schedule an Appointment With a Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida, Change Alimony Lawyer

Whether you need to change your child support, parenting plan or spousal support, I can help you. Call 941-365-5900 or contact me, a Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida, change alimony attorney, online to schedule a free consultation at my Sarasota law firm.