Get on the path to results today.

Divorce Lawyer, Sarasota, Florida


Ending a marriage can be difficult. You and your spouse have built a life together and untangling that life is often painful. This can make it hard to focus on the future. Your lawyer should be there to help you make decisions that are in your best interests for the long run.

At the office of H. Stephen Hillebrand, Attorney at Law, I have more than 25 years of Florida family law experience. I know that you are going through a tough situation and I am here to help you come out of divorce in the best possible position.

Contact my law firm to speak with a skilled and experienced divorce attorney. 

Sarasota, Florida, Lawyer Providing Compassionate, Experienced Guidance

Divorce should not be a long, drawn-out process. My goal is to help you reach solutions that meet your family's needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. I will work to protect your interests in every aspect of your divorce, including:

  • Child custody — Every family is unique. I will work with you to create a parenting plan that meets your child's needs while protecting your rights as a parent. 
  • Division of marital property — Division of martial property requires a skilled negotiator and diligent investigation of your assets and debts. Most of the time, the court assumes that assets and debt will be split 50/50 between the parties. I will help you make sure that your separate assets remain separate and that marital property is divided fairly. 
  • Child support — Day care, medical expenses and even putting food on the table for your child can be expensive. I will apply Florida's child support guidelines to your situation to help you obtain a fair child support result from the court. 
  • Spousal support or alimony — You and your spouse have gotten used to living at a certain income level. Divorce changes that balance. I will help you protect your interests when it comes to alimony claims or agreements. 
  • Post-divorce modifications — Situations can change after a divorce. I will work with you to modify your existing child support, alimony or custody agreement to meet your present needs. I can also help you obtain or fight against a parental relocation.